Sunday, November 19, 2006


MEMORY LANE
or: How To Keep My Blog Up To Date With Old Stuff


Gawd it's been more than a week and I haven't put up new stuff because I wasn't drawing anything special.
Yeah, I know I'm a damn lazy bastard. So I decided to fill in todays episode with something special.
Ok this is a very fond memory and basicly my first ever finished sequential page.
It's maybe two years old. Maybe older.
It was for an artbattle in a German Masters of the Universe Forum (on wich I'm not a member anymore, here we go again I must seem like a Masters and Spidey buff here-damn).
I picked Snake Teela (because I love to draw chicks) and I had to battle some fancy variant Snake-Hunting-Something-Blabla-Crap-Action Stratos (Mattel liked to put these variants out instead of new characters).
If I knew then what I knew now about storytelling, pacing and framing I would have done it completely different.
But basicly for a first try it was pretty good.
The Battle was only 2 pages long but I wanted a little more mood, mystery and epic feel to it.
Hey most of the guys drew their character in weird poses striking off the enemy's head. Which is in my opinion not very in the spirit of the series.
When I look at it know it feels more like a Rob Liefieldish page. Lotsa rubble.
I basicly drew this comic with the toy in my hand.
I colored the page flat and added some special effects.
Like the storytelling itself I did not know hot to do it right.

Stay tuned for Page 2
Enjoy
B

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:29 AM

    wow!
    Your color transition in sky background´s very beauty!
    Abou the narrative, the material presents some problems, but this is a old art, right?
    You have new pages?
    Bye, my friend! Do you receive my message, answering your questions about comics market?
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehy, not that bad! I like that "searching for help" hand when the girl suddenly strikes.
    Did you saw that URL on Masters? Maybe you already knew that.

    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice panels. . . good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:15 AM

    Hi B,
    how are you?
    Just came here and checked.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao Bernard!
    Thanks for coming!
    I'm happy you're online again.
    Hope to organize a new art jam with you and Vittorio soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:44 AM

    minds daughertykc sentrumno statistical month dashboard sigmund viacom updatethe mesoamericas isabella
    lolikneri havaqatsu

    ReplyDelete