Thursday, October 12, 2006

A WAR STORY

I found some old drawings of mine on my external hard drive.
They are from 2002 when I was in the Austrian army. I was lying in the sick bay at the moment and dreamt up some fantasy characters (I was very Masters of the Universe influenced at that time). I wanted to make a comic book with them but then I realized that they really are just a rip off. And I visited the Top-Cow studios before getting drafted and tried to be more Silvestri in terms of style.

This was the main character as a grown up and a child. Like Conan the Barbarian he was just a kid who was forced to grow up in an violent environment. Some part of him refused to grow up. He had a special ability, he could bring old statues to life who thought him the ways of an ancient fighting style.



The main character again. I had a thing for fur.



Your typical Evil Lord arch villain. At some point I planned that he is the future version of the main hero who returned back in time to seek world domination.



A creature of the woods. Also a product of the future send back in time. I must have been insane. Look at the creature's fur.
It's also a good example of overdoing stuff. I drew every detail and yet the picture looks very flat. Don't be afraid to make things simpler.

That's all folks!

1 comment:

  1. Cool, sometimes I click the next blog and yours came up by random. I will come back. I need to get back to drawing (pen/ink) but now I am a bichemistry student working NMR protein structures (accesstospace.blogspot.com) and do not have the time.

    JWC

    ReplyDelete